2021-22 Tryout Registration
CT Rams Elite Program Overview
2021-22 CT Rams Elite Fastpitch Program Details
The CT Rams Elite are looking for dedicated players at the 12U / 14U / 16U levels interested in challenging themselves by participating in an “elite” level team. This program is designed to prepare girls to play at the highest level against some of the best competition the state / region has to offer.
The overall goal of CT Rams program is to develop the girls into better players, with a stronger understanding of the game, to compete with other elite programs at the highest levels of age group play. Our approach is to prepare the girls in every aspect of the game and put the team in the best possible position to be successful.
- Want to reach the next level of:
- Arm strength
- Bat speed
- Emotional control/ ability to cope with stress and failure
- Technical development in:
- Game sense / decision making
- Complete understanding of the game
- Advanced technical skills
- Short game
- Quality professional coaching
- Gain experience playing the best competition possible
Dedicated Indoor Facility for Winter training
Unlimited access to pristine fields with full lighting
Top quality professional coaching (NCAA and high school coaches) for all aspects of the game will be employed within the CT Rams organization which includes year-round professional coaching for pitching, catching, infield, outfield, hitting with focus on in/off season Strength and Conditioning. Our coaching experience includes College, High School and Elite level coaching and Division I & II college fastpitch players.
Our program is designed to maximize the physical and mental potential of every athlete on our teams. We provide cutting edge instruction to ensure that each player’s dream may become a reality, both inside and outside the lines.
The CT Rams annual commitment is from September – July. See 2021-2022 season details below:
|Fall (Sept – early Nov)||2-3 weekday events per week which would include practices, skills clinics
Weekend local scrimmages + 2-3 tournaments
|Winter (Jan –March)||3-4 events per week which would include practices, skills clinics, conditioning, indoor doubleheader league games + 1 tournament|
|Spring (April – May)||3 weekday events per week which would include practices, skills clinics
Weekend local scrimmages + 3 tournaments
|Summer (June – July)||3 weekday events per week which would include practices
Weekend local scrimmages + 6-7 tournaments
The Following details are what you can anticipate for your season on the CT Rams Elite:
- Outdoor Practices - when the weather breaks, we will typically practice 2-3x weekly. Practices will be held at Waveny Park in New Canaan, CT
- Skill Development Clinics will be offered 1-2X weekly (depending on the time of year). Professionally coached, focusing on one area per session. Clinics will be offered to all CT Rams players at no additional cost.
- Indoor Facility – CT Rams has
- Local scrimmages / friendlies - We will have a number of local games to be used as tune-ups for tournament play. Expect away games to be within roughly a 15 – 45 minute drive, home games will be played at Waveny Park in New Canaan, CT.
- We may participate in an Indoor Winter League normally held at Fastpitch Nation Indoor located in Bloomfield, CT or the Danbury Dome in Danbury, CT. The league is normally made up of 4-6 doubleheader games across the winter months.
- Tournaments – The CT Rams will participate in many weekend (and at times longer) USSSA, PlayFPN and USA Softball tournaments. Exact details will be available once the 2021-22 schedules are released. Tournaments will be mostly in the Northeast US, with 2-3 at a further distance from Connecticut.